• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Service Pack 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetx66
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Service Pack 2 Reply with quote

i cant download service pack 2, and i really need it, because my comptuer is really really out of date security wise...

please give me some ideas
MattA
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service pack 2 for what ?
jetx66
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

service pack 2 for xp
Rowdy Yates
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the Installer from the Microsoft website check for pirated XP versions and refuses to allow download if said version were found? If this is true, I'd also suspect that the downloader would receive some sort of statement as to why the download was disallowed.

There is also some malware out there which does not allow you to connect to certain sites or run certain software. Wonder if one of those is not targeting any MS security updates to the PC?
dogsitterz
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PCWriter"]Doesn't the Installer from the Microsoft website check for pirated XP versions and refuses to allow download if said version were found? If this is true, I'd also suspect that the downloader would receive some sort of statement as to why the download was disallowed.

There is also some malware out there which does not allow you to connect to certain sites or run certain software. Wonder if one of those is not targeting any MS security updates to the PC?[/quote]

Unless you get the free CD from MS with the SP2 on it. Mine took about 2 weeks or so. Then your all set. Just readup on issues with SP2 and the apps your running and configuration of your machines prior to installing. It dropped a bunch of windows settings I had to reconfig afterwords.

The point is not getting arouond illegal versions of software. The point is there is typically more than one way to get something done and do your homework on possible issues first. Prevention of a problem is the first step to not having one.
Laughing Man
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not download updates in general? I found that I have that same problem a couple days ago. But now it works perfectly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: