• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Major Outlook issue with apparently no resolution

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugs_whats_up_doc
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Major Outlook issue with apparently no resolution Reply with quote

I work for a college and we are experiencing some issues with Office 2010. We have found that when our staff open outlook as as they move around the college they tend to leave outlook open and any other programs they need and just close the lid and the laptop will go to sleep.

however the issue were having is when they re-open the lid they login and outlook either locks up and all you can do is cold reset the laptop, or when the lid is open screen as black and you cant do anything.

various people have said that this is an issue with us storing outlook's PST files on a network share which, is not supported, which we have done in the past and had no issue. someone also said because we have exchange you could store the PST on the machine and use archive to sync them but this doesnt seem very streamlined. there must be a way to solve this issue.

I dont know too much about exchange (i`m sure my manager does)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: