• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

What's your max email size set to?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: What's your max email size set to? Reply with quote

We review ours every year to make sure we're keeping a balance between business needs and IT requirements.

Currently we have ours set to 12Mb in and out but tell the users it's 8Mb for the most part. Smile

What have you got yours set to?
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for an IT services provider so it differs from client to client, but I think the largest limit we have set is 30MB.
manning
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I realize this is an old thread

We used to have our message size set to unlimited, but I set the individual mailbox limits to 500mb (yeah, too big). I had actually wanted to set message/attachment size limit to 10mb but got massive pushback from management.

When we upgraded to Exchange 2007 I initially left the default 10mb message limit in place and let people run into that limit themselves for a while before I 'officially' explained that Exchange has a default size limit. Then I quietly bumped up the limit to 15mb.

Frankly at the point when I upgraded it wasn't such a big issue because the majority of the time when somebody my org sent out a massive attachment it was rejected by the far end as exceeding the message size limit on their server. If somebody needs to send something massive to a vendor or client they can use FTP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: