Joined: 17 May 2010 Posts: 2 Location: Bay Area, CA USA
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:58 am Post subject: Possible security additions to bolster XP Pro SP2?
Found these suggestions on various sites, and would like to hear opinions on this:
1. Always sign-on as 'user' and not 'administrator'.
2. Use hardware firewall (router with NAT/SPI) in addition to software firewall.
3. Employ virtual manager (like 'Sandboxie').
4. Use download blockers (like Faronics 'Anti-Executable' or 'DeepFreeze', in conjunction with '1 Click&Lock').
5. Replace IE & Firefox with secure browsers (like Doogle, ArmorSurf, OEMBrowser, etc.).
Think any of this would improve security?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum