• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

McAfee Firewall blocks Outlook Express

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaika
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: McAfee Firewall blocks Outlook Express Reply with quote

My server and email provider is Wanadoo (formerly Freeserve). Yesterday, I installed McAfee VirusScan, Firewall Plus and Privacy Service. Without Firewall protection, I can download my emails in Outlook Express - enabled, I cannot. Nevertheless, Outlook Express is definitely allowed full access, and I can send emails.
The Error in OE is typically as follows:
Server 'pop.freeserve.com' Protocol:POP3. server Response: 'X-McAfeeVS-Timeout Protection: 3', Port 110, Secure (SSC) : No, Server Error : 0x800CCC90, Error Number : 0x8000CCC90.
I can view and read my emails from the Wanadoo site, but even there I cannot transfer or junk - only read or delete - with a message of POP BLOCK appearing.
As far as my limited knowledge allows, I reckon I need to allow access to some IP Addresses to rectify this problem.
I do not know the souce IP address associated with Wandoo mail, although my inbound events log identifies several "local" addresses where the event information is logged as a ICMP Ping (whatever that is!) but the locations are local and the information implies an email contact.
Can you direct me on how to re-configure my firewall so that it will work as before please.
sfinks
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: problems wioth Outlook Express??? Reply with quote

I would you like suggest you these programs... Repair Outlook Express
Outlook express repair
Repair express outlook
rji
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ports. See if Mcafee is blocking the mail ports. If Yes open them up
mutu26
Link Spammer
Link Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister told me about her problem with outlook express messages, but unfortunately I couldn't help her. Only today I have found out - open dbx files the good solution to my mind. To my surprise the tool worked out her problems and she thanked me a lot, I hope that this example shows that the tool has other good features for like situation as well.
SecurityTrend
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rji wrote:
Ports. See if Mcafee is blocking the mail ports. If Yes open them up

I know this has already been mentioned, but I would like to empathize this and encourage you to check McAfee help files and/or your EMail proivider on firewalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: