• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Question About KeePass Database Storage

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Posit1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Question About KeePass Database Storage Reply with quote

I have a question regarding KeePass Password management software security. According to the developers, the password database files are completely safe and free of any back-end access. Meaning that, if you lose your master password (or whatever method you uise to access) you're totally screwed. There is supposedly no way in but the main way using the master password. I have no reason not to believe this, but would like to confirm it with any experienced KeePass users.

Also, where should I store my databases for sharing purposes. I want to set it up so that a few members of my team can access our database, download (and upload) passwords, sync if desired, from any location. If I use the FTP access method, I can keep the database out of reach of the public. But, if someone is sniffing out my network (or there's a worm hanging out for some reason sniffing out traffic) and they get my FTP access info, I'm boned.

If I make it available via HTTP, I can at least password-protect the files, even though they would be accessible (or at least viewable) to the public...should they happen upon the location on the web where the file(s) are.

What I am looking for is any advice on the most secure method for storing KeePass databases (or any other sensitive files for that matter) that still allows sharing within my select team members.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: