• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Alarmed!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickenrobot
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Alarmed! Reply with quote

Something really strange that I didn't even know was possible happened the other day and this is really a plea for help if anyone can.

I registered at a site that uses the ning URL ext. and, after I finished on the 'my page' layout I clicked save changes and browser went to 'my page' and a photo on my pc was somehow automatically uploaded and was showing as my profile picture. As already mentioned, I didn't even know this was possible so I reached out to the site admin. but still haven't received a reply. Is this normal? How can that happen when I did not upload a photo, but there one is magically taken from my docs. and showing on the site as my profile pic? I have Norton Internet Security '09 by the way and everything seems to be just fine. Thanks for any and all help.
chickenrobot
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Site admin. did reply Reply with quote

They suggested that the only way for that to happen is if I had previously been to a similar network site and the picture was still on the same server as the one the administrator's site used and it somehow 'grabbed' it from there. Makes sense because I had just helped my friend do their profile, on myspace no less, and the picture that 'auto uploaded' was the last one we uploaded to their new myspace account. Still seems weird that would happen though and probably more proof that myspace is dicey at best.

I would greatly appreciate anybody else's comments on the subject. Thank You

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: