Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:13 pm Post subject: wanted to setup windows file system backup server
i am from US,working nowdays in New Delhi and represent a company having 25 employees. we want to set up a file server for backup of all files which are transferred by 25 other employees computers set up with lan .
i am myself an engineer and 12 years of IT Experience in various Technologies but this is something i wasnt very sure so i thought to ask from help from professionals.
what i really want is answers to these 2 first questions and then below that you will see my basic file server specifications which i want :
1) this server should be connected through lan with other 25 employees computer or not ?
2) should i use this server to set up web server as well as database server as well as mail server and other important things required in hosting or should i install a completely different server to act as web server ?
Now you can read File Server Specifications which i basically want :
Specifications for Security Servers
1) This server has to act as a centralized repository and has to be accessible to all other computers in the network. Everyone will be given a password and a ip address to access this and they can update their codes here everyday.
In simple sense what I want : users on different computer on the lan cant modify code on server , they can only insert new files and folders. And they cannot delete anything from the server as well.
2) this server will be standalone security when connecting to Internet .
3) all requests and responses has to go through this server. So in case any virus is detected, then the connection will be aborted at that moment only and will notify the user that the site which he requested was having virus so the request has been cancelled.
4) Now if we want that employees shouldn’t access www.facebook.com or any other websites, so we should block them through servers and whenever any user on the lan opens any website they should get a message : Access to this website is not allowed. And an email should be fired to me telling which user tried to open which website.
5) Now we will have another email server and if any user will send an email through his email account so we should have a copy of that .
6) An ability should be there that which computers are allowed to send emails with attachments and which are not allowed.
I maybe looking for your views, your help if you can provide me with any url to read on or any contact who can help me. You can help to get a rough idea how much money will involve in order to set up a backup server like this ?
If you can refer anyone in India that will be great as well.
I really appreciate your time which you took reading this.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum