• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

A Question prior to posting in the malware advise forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanDeeAle
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: A Question prior to posting in the malware advise forum Reply with quote

Hello.

I've been working on the mandatory tasks prior to posting my logs over the past 40 something hours and at least two of them seem futile on this computer - what should I do?

A-Squared whilst being an excellent scanner is unable to deep scan without taking almost a whole day (I've worked this out, it is probably the state my computer is in).

An MP3 or even a Jpeg can take 4 seconds to scan. Having a huge music library is really taking it's toll.

Rough scan rate is anywhere between 7-21 files a second.

Over two hours it is has done less than 8%. Times that by 10 and that means a scan that takes over 24 hours to complete.

I think I had managed to run a full deep scan using A2 previously (which didn't take anywhere near as long as the one in progress is) but was unable to get a log because my computer crashed afterwards. Sadly this means I am unable to produce a detailed in A2 log.

The second problem is online virus scanning. I tried these as soon as I first realised that my computer had a problem. They won't scan it will load some of the interface and then display a done message in the bottom right of the window and it will say something like 'preparing to scan' and actually do nothing no matter how long it is left. This means I can't produce a log from an online scanner.

I have done full scans with MBAM, AdAware and Spyware Doctor prior to this.

To sum it all up:-

Is it absolutely mandatory to produce an A2 log?
Is it absolutely mandatory to use an online scanner?
Will my previous MBAM log suffice?

Thanks
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A Question prior to posting in the malware advise forum Reply with quote

RyanDeeAle wrote:

Is it absolutely mandatory to produce an A2 log?
Is it absolutely mandatory to use an online scanner?
Will my previous MBAM log suffice?

There are other things we can have you try. Start by posting a HiJackThis log and reference this thread so whoever helps you can see what you have tried.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: