• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Need a new firewall for Win 2k server

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndavalos
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Need a new firewall for Win 2k server Reply with quote

I've been running a p3 600mhz machine with Win 2k server for the last 10 years as an internet connection router. I've also been running BlackIce for about as long.

I have 2 3com NICs in it, and set up RRAS for NAT. Unfortunately BlackIce support died a while ago, and I occasionally get blue screens when large amounts of packets go through that machine with the last version that I got from around the end of 07 (version 3.6.cqx).

Basically I'm looking for a IDS package similar to BlackIce, where I can look at all the attacks etc and get notifications of people trying to hack my web server or brute force my ftp server.

I'm willing to spend a couple hundred dollars if it's a good product (and yeah, eventually I'll ditch the p3 and replace it with a p4 or something).

Not terribly interested in switching OS at the moment either, if I do I'll be using win 2003 server or 2008 (on new hardware).

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: