• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Planet wrt-414 Router HTTP-Proxy vulnerability.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhmadHourani
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Planet wrt-414 Router HTTP-Proxy vulnerability. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, sorry if it is not.

I ran a NESSUS scan using X-Scan v3.3 on my router and noticed that I have 3 security holes that can allow any one to connect to my router as a HTTP-Proxy on the port 8080, and also an attacker can use
CONNECT http://myip:23 so he would be able to start an interactive session on my router on the telnet service, and yes the 23 port is closed.

I didn't start this service, and I don't want it to be available, so I would like to know if I can turn it off.

NESSUS's solution says to reconfigure my router to refused CONNECT or POST requests. My router doesn't have that option or I just don't know what to do, any help would be highly appreciated.

For further information please check the NESSUS vulnerability link.
http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=10192
======
p.s For anyone who tries to attack, save your time, I am tottaly using a differnet location and router.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: