• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Accounting in Forensics?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDPuckett84
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Accounting in Forensics? Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I have a question for those of you in the forensics/security field. I am almost finished with my degree in CIS which has included a class in computer forensics and another class in computer security, and I will be starting a computer security internship this semester. How useful would it be for me to get a second major in Accounting? I had originally thought this would be useful as I would imagine a lot of this work takes place in the financial world, however I am now thinking the basic accounting knowledge required of every business major will be enough.
To get the accounting major, I would need to take 4 additional accounting classes this semester. I am already taking a capstone business course, the internship which requires about 10 hours a week, and working around 24 hours a week at an IT job. So basically my question is not only is the Accounting major worth it, will it be worth all the extra work load?
I should add that I will not be getting a CPA if I get the Accounting major as this would require even more school and then experience to become licensed.
Thanks for your help,
Matthew Puckett
Sysops
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Accounting in Forensics? Reply with quote

Yes, It would be worth it completely. I highly recommend that you do this, if you are interesting in accounting the jobs available for this specialization are absolutely mind blowing. Not only will you be making a very good amount of money; you will have a jump start on other applicants for accounting and cf jobs. Accounting Fraud is increasing, and this is where to be if your interest thrives you to do it. I would be doing something around this if I could stand accounting.
Good luck, Congrads. on your internship.
What kind of internship did you get, I'm currently looking for one..

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: