• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Have a question on what type of encryption this is?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dv84
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Have a question on what type of encryption this is? Reply with quote

_RRAWS^\WW_]S_TB
^W\EV^\]VSRP\WWE
_VPJV[UZSSSURQVK
_SQCS^YZST_PYPQA
_RRAVS\\VQU\[V\B

I know that the plaintext of this is a 16 digit number. I was wondering what type of hash this is tho. Thank you in advance.
Nagendra U M
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Out-of-Band Certificate and Key Identifier Protocol (OCKIP) Reply with quote

Hi,

Since the hash output length is a fixed 80 bits, I can take a stab at this wildly by guessing that it might have been Out-of-Band Certificate and Key Identifier Protocol, or OCKIP. (Although it would be presumptuous to take it for granted). It can be any user-defined hash algorithm too.

I believe older implementations of SHA-1 also generated 80-bit hash values, although I am not really sure of this.

Regards,
Nagendra U M

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: