• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Help with TEA decryption

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcoulson
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Help with TEA decryption Reply with quote

Hi - I am bit of a noob and walking in the dark so would like to ask for some help/pointers.

I have a list of data (relates to power consumption of devices) - that has been TEA encrypted ( I think using xtra block method). I have a specific example, where I know what is behind the cipher (ie what it decrypts too) but need to apply this across the whole data.

Eg.
<citem partnumber="dde5b92cc715b817" value="HP U320e SCSI Host Bus Adapter" lowpower="no" idle="4218c8b7d21d5e08" max="5bb81eba4f0fcc1f" />

I know dde5b92cc715b817 = AH627A

Within the XML database there is mention of a passkey!

<passkey>16028d22793c8d6d1637fe6ddc1b68b64462463a7f236fb4e7b9b1d547251a4e</passkey>

But I am guessing this is encrypted also! I have tried all the online tools etc. But this does not look right or work. I have deduced that the output is Hex Ciphertext, but now I am stuck.

Anyone help / point me in right direction?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: