• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

A word of curious over the exploits found by Hackers

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flw
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is that a real hacker which really know how to hack through firewall?I seem almost none.

This is not a hacker forum. So I'm glad you see almost none. If that's what your looking for try alt.2600 or someother newsgroup of wannabees.
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComSec wrote:
some sites do need bringing down .....i have done it in the past, some you regret some you dont.....remember rickys episode with ramalane at 2600 that made me think twice about my ways.... Wink

Ah yes.. good ol' rikijo.. that boy pushed me to my limit (even though it wasn't the real rikijo that was doing all that)... I do believe that the ISP he was using had been comprimised and their DNS servers *cough* altered for monitoring purposes several months before one of their internal servers was defaced and his picture slapped up on it... but again, I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor Cool I still have a mirror of the defaced page though - from what I understand, it took longer to create the page than it did to penetrate the network... Rolling Eyes
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing worse than being rooted,defaced and owned....then have the piss taken out of you , in public by some smartass lamer..... Smile
Moonss
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed. if they had backups that wouldn't be so much of a pain in the @$$ ... sorry if i offended anyone. anyway, it still would be so much of a shame to be rooted, then defaced.. especially if its a big company or government site. duh. Then again, those who do this sort of stuff must definately be some wise guy. else he'd never found a hole to get in and start applying his stuff. Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHeeKY
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a security manager have been for 4 years now, previously a network admin, my hacking skills, which I have to this day, let me make the best solutions for my company, I have found and fixed my own patches and also know how to advise others.

When systems arent made to be security concsious then you get get holes, tell me how many people have hacked OPENBSD, you could count on one hand, its not cool to hack but its what you find out, I have found out so so much, I can bypass any firewall and any systm (bar openbsd) and thats good to know, good to know for my company, yes I have been the hacker that borrows space and speed, but never defaced, there is a fine line through finding a hole and exploiting it, and then being a [censored] that puts a big sign saying so, like most things in life its about ego's/
The best hackers dont shout about it, you do you get what you deserve, Remeber a hacker aint just hacker, there are about 6 levels of hacking from the FXP scene, to dumps,sites, then criminal or personal, and you have to distinguish between these levels as it shows level of experience to a point.
I hear alot of people saying how do I protect this, protect that, simple, turn it off.

There is no rule that says you must have it on, and stop beleiving your own hype, know what you work on, people are too dam lazy, you dont get carpenters leaving nails hanging out or wrong size wood put on roofs, so know your systems and then you will know yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wacky_sung wrote:
I used to see people telling me they are hackers with handful of trojans in their hands and i must say that they are not a real hackers at all.If you really know about hacking,i doubt you will use window to hack cos window just too vulnerable.I have seem people using unix or linux to hack but nevertheless they still cannot hack through a cisco firewall.Is that a real hacker which really know how to hack through firewall?I seem almost none.

Hi!

I disagree a bit with this Windows-part of the message Smile Windows can also be secured and you can build pretty efficient tools with it too (I can't, I'm not a coder). So it's not just Unix-based OSes that can be used for hacking.

An OS is just a tool you use, in addition with the software. In my opinion you should use whatever is best for the situation in front of you. Definition of hacking is anyways a broad area. A hack can be a neat workaround to a serious problem, a hack can be circumventing security and whatever.

I think calling someone a hacker doesn't have to mean he/she needs to get through a firewall that blocks everything. That is pretty difficult, if not impossible (except by luring someone inside the network to run a callback trojan or access a web-page etc, thus getting access). I would consider finding an input validation flaw in a web-application that allows you to run code on the server a hack, for example.. and I would call that guy a hacker.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I drifted off the topic or something.. sorry, first post here Smile
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHeeKY wrote:
The best hackers dont shout about it

There's a saying in the community - "If you're a good hacker everybody knows your name, if you're a great hacker nobody knows you exist."
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePsyko wrote:
CHeeKY wrote:
The best hackers dont shout about it

There's a saying in the community - "If you're a good hacker everybody knows your name, if you're a great hacker nobody knows you exist."

very true indeed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: