• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Bruce Schneier interview

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RFmax
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking that myself. Sorry I got your nick wrong by the way. I am a huge fan of Mr. Schneier and agree with most of his assesments. So to see him in person will be a treat. Especially if I can get work to spring for the conference fee.
alt.don
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stiltz,

I actually went with the questions that were posed by you guys and sent them to Bruce. Normally I just do them up myself, but felt it important that you guys have the ability to give input. The interview will be up on the site this Sunday 15 Jan '06.

Cheers,

Don
malv
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q. for Mr. Schneier:

The upcoming IEEE standard for Tweakable Narrow Block Encryption to my knowledge only deals with LRW-AES.

Recently, LRW seems to be applied by some accross the board for all ciphers instead of CBC. Can any comments be made as to the desirability of LRW for ciphers other than AES?

Should LRW-AES be considered as the 'best' at present time with regard to attacks?

Thank you
malv
sn3fru
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malv wrote:
Q. for Mr. Schneier:

The upcoming IEEE standard for Tweakable Narrow Block Encryption to my knowledge only deals with LRW-AES.

Recently, LRW seems to be applied by some accross the board for all ciphers instead of CBC. Can any comments be made as to the desirability of LRW for ciphers other than AES?

Should LRW-AES be considered as the 'best' at present time with regard to attacks?

Thank you
malv

LRW mode (as any other decent mode of operation) just needs a secure block cipher. It does not matter which cipher it is, as long as the cipher is secure (the proof is very simple). However, regardless of mode of operation, AES-256 is arguably the most reasonable choice today.
alt.don
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

The review was already posted. Check out the interview here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: