• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Forum Needs...

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea! Smile
zeedo
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's needed. There is the C/T/N section which has quite general categories then the security focused categories below that. Databases can fit into one of these. If we had a database section we'd need, web servers, email servers, games servers, file servers etc..

All of these fit better in existing categories, in my opinion. Too many categories just confuses people new to the forums, especially if they continue to change, so we try to keep that to a minimum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
data
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more sections is going to confuse me. As if I am not already confused :p
njan
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeedo wrote:
I don't think it's needed. There is the C/T/N section which has quite general categories then the security focused categories below that. Databases can fit into one of these. If we had a database section we'd need, web servers, email servers, games servers, file servers etc..

All of these fit better in existing categories, in my opinion. Too many categories just confuses people new to the forums, especially if they continue to change, so we try to keep that to a minimum.

Agreed. Generally, Databases are OS Specific, and until we start fielding dozens of queries about DB2 and Oracle, I'm fairly sure that the three main database varieties we encounter (mysql, mssql, and access) can stay where they live at the moment - respectively in the linux, active directory, and windows forums. Not entirely correct, but as zeedo points out, thousands of categories are confusing and counterproductive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: