Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:05 am Post subject: Securing Windows 2000 Professional on Workstation Role
Does anyone has any quick and simple guidelines to secure Windows 2000 Professional on Workstation Role? The following are done:
- WindowsUpdates for Service Packs, Patches, Updates
- Behind a solid firewall of CheckPoint
- Using Fixed internal IP from DNS server
Also, provided the following applications are running at workstation:
- Surfing internet using IE
- Checking email using webmail (Yahoo! and Hotmail)
- Using MS Outlook 2000 for accessing network email from MS Exchange
- Norton Antivirus Corp Edition 7.6 installed with latest updates
- Using messaging software with P2P, File transfer disabled. Uses only HTTP and port 25 for connections.
Noted: Please do not advise to change/discard any software mentioned above for security measurement although it may proven to be TRUE, as I agreed. But here I need some advise to make these to be the best settings and policy ever.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum