• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

A challenge!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygibson60
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: A challenge!!! Reply with quote

can anyone come up with a system idea to help me out?

My brief is that i have to design a system which deals with trains and refunds for customers when a train is late. This system has to involve a ticket being the proof that the train was late and then the customer can present he ticket in front of that staff and get a refund. The arrival info can be put on the ticket by a machine, but iam not sure when? and what info should be put on the ticket?

basically i have to decide on a system of how this policy could be introduced and then idetify possible weaknesses and also comment on how these weaknesses could be combatted.

any ideas??????

my initial idea is to have a system where you but your systandard ticket as usual, then when the train arrives you stamp your ticket in amachine and it stamps what time it is and thus if the time is 15 minutes after the arrival time then when you reach the other end you can get a 15 minute refund. is this sensible or do you think it coul dbe asily exploited?

ANY OTHER IDEAS OF SYSTEMS WOUL DBE GREAT, also in the brief the system can be distributed e.g can link across networks etc if that helps!!!
Jason
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have to produce some software / script / webpage, or is this paper and pen theory?

J
andygibson60
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: pen and paper Reply with quote

its just a pen and paper idea covering the idea, its weaknesses security wise and also the possible remedies for the proposed systems weaknesses
ShaolinTiger
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken isn't there allready a thread about this?
flw
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken isn't there allready a thread about this?

Yes it is a repeat topic, almost word for word.
ShaolinTiger
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this thread is locked and will be removed shortly, please contine discussion in the existing thread.

Andy if you wish to elaborate on your original question please do so in the thread you previously created.

Cheers.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: