Netstat + possible intrustion

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

Author: Thank4help PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Netstat + possible intrustion
    ----
To preface this, I had a blue screen of death 2 weeks ago, where no possible recovery option worked. Trust me I tried all of them. Right now, I want to find out if my computer is sending out my information to a server. I also want help figuring out if my computer is vulnerable again.

I ran a netstat on my computer and here is what I got. I ran it a second time about an hour later, and received non of the previous querys.

Also, I am connected through apple airport extreme.

Author: Burzum PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject:
    ----
That mainly looks like browser connections to me.

Assuming Paul is your user name those connections are local.

However whilst that is just a general observation and doesn't have any answers, I assume this bothers you greatly. If so I would advise doing a Spyware scan of the system. Thereafter I would insert your windows CD upon reboot and repair windows system files to resolve that blue screen of death.

Avoid online virus scans as they contain spyware Cool

Author: WHUK_BarbLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
A Blue screen of death can be due to multiple reasons when using Windows, so as suggested by Burzum in the last reply, you should first scan your system with a spyware detection and removal software. Make sure that you do that in safe mode.

I don't really find anything suspicious in the screen-shots that you shared in your post above. Though to confirm it, you may run through your firewall logs once.

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1