Laptop slow/freezes/crashes on Internet everytime

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

Author: PCperson PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Laptop slow/freezes/crashes on Internet everytime
    ----
Hello -

Can someone please assist = I'm having problems with my laptop. When I get on the internet it's slow, crashes, freezes every five seconds and hard to navigate without problems. I think it might have spyware, malware, virus', trojans, etc. Info is:

- Dell PC laptop Inspirion B130H
- Windows XP Home Edition, Service pack 3
- Firefox Mozilla 3.6.20
- McAfee antivirus total protection software program installed
- Spybot Search & Destroy installed
- All programs are UPDATED and CURRENT on the computer
- Ran a Mcafee scan as well as spybot scan – both came up with no problems detected.

However, something is going on with it, can someone please help with my issue? I appreciate it, thanks.

Author: PCperson PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: oops
    ----
OOPs, I may have posted this in the wrong forum....?!

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject:
    ----
No problem, I've moved it to the best fitting forum since we have shut down the HJT forum.

Since you will be getting advice from an open forum as to recommendations of actions to take, SFDC can not advise nor recommend the best course actions of any suggestions given.

But we have a good bunch of people here, and I'm sure they will steer you into the right direction.

Tom

Author: georgec PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hey PCperson,
So you are saying that when you disconnect from the Internet the laptop is ok? Then, you might need to check all outgoing connections while connected!

Author: PCperson PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Ok, thank you
    ----
Thanks. I've gotten a "quick" fix to the laptop which seems to have worked. I'll remember to post in the right forum if the problem shows up again.

THANK YOU again.

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1