how to know if someone has a remote access to my pc

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

Author: lmpiLocation: Bulgaria PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: how to know if someone has a remote access to my pc
    ----
Hi , i have doubts that a person has a remote access to my pc . The suspected is a programmer in my skype abonats - he never had a physical access to my pc but he had send to me files trough skype before- music (mp3) , pictures and videos - can he attain my ip and get remote access to my pc with this . He is programmer and makes web applications. The only warnings i have are when i browse internet and appear strange warnings like this :

"Adobe Flash Player Security:
The following local application on your computer or network :
[object]
is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:
api.skype.com
To let this application communicate with the Internet , click Settings.
You must restart the application after changing your settings."

Another thing that bothers me is when i execute the command " -netstat -n" in the command prompt i get 2 or 3 ip addresses which dont belong to my internet provider but are located in my town - where lives also the programer. I will be very grateful if someone can tell me is it possible this man to has an access to my pc . Thanks

Author: krugger PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I don't use skype, but those warning of flash trying to connect to skype do not seem very normal to me.

The fact that you receive files from this untrusted guy seems to be the most probable attack vector. Are you sure you didn't get an executable file in the middle of the others? Are you sure you didn't get a file that gave you a warning about being corrupted or just didn't work and kind of just hang there.

See this old screencast, to get worried Smile

http://www.offensive-security.com/videos/windows-ani-exploit-video/ani-0day.html

Author: lmpiLocation: Bulgaria PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I am sure that i haven't recieve any executive files and even if i have i would never execute them, but for damaged mp3s i am not sure - i think i also hadnt no warnings after receiving files. I have any of the popular programs like vnc etc installed in my pc. Is there any other way to get into my pc just by knowing my ip , dns etc .

Author: krugger PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
If you have services open to the internet they can be exploited.

You may want to have the audit log recording the user log on.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310399/en-us

Author: abrahamj PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject:
    ----
You try some network monitoring softwares, eg. siffner,capsa

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1