Book Review - Hacking Exposed 4th Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

Author: Cerebro PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Shaolin,

I just recently accquired this item for review myself and I have found it to be a very informative piece of literature. Its has alot of aspects dealing with how certain exploits can be countered I deemed a necessary thing to understand from an administrator's position.

Author: TXLeXTCLocation: The Great Republic Of Texas PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I recently picked up a copy of this book (thanks SFDC) and I am enjoying the read. My only complaint is the lack of an "E"copy on the CD. With all the included tools, i was suprised to find it didnt have a copy of the book in pdf or otherwise. Just would be a nice addition so i could read while at work (and still look busy) and its nice to be able to read an ebook on a laptop that you carry anyway, instead of having to lug a 900 page book around.

A++ book tho...

Author: raztaLocation: 127.0.0.1 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:
    ----
Any one read the fifth edition yet? Im going to buy a book (for the first time) on hacking and im thinking of getting this one, do you have to have read 1,2,3 and 4 to fully understand the fifth or can you jump right into the fifth edition without reading the previous ones?

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:
    ----
Always pick up the latest edition, they aren't continuations, they are just updates with new tools/techniques.

You don't have to read the previous editions to get the most out of a newer edition, so go ahead and get the 5th, I'm sure it's great.

Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Page 2 of 2