Help Identify this Cipher

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

Author: ron1337 PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Help Identify this Cipher
    ----
Hello everyone, I was hoping somebody could help me along with identifying what kind of cipher would produce the following results.

I am familiar with various simple ciphers, cesaer, vignere, 5x5, etc...but this one seems beyond my scope.

I have been able to map the results for most numbers 0-9 and have noticed they always result in the same output, depending on their position in the original sequence, similar to a vigenere. I have only been able to map to the 4th position, so no chance to find a repeat yet.

The results are not in any definable order that I can figure out though.
I'll use a "-" to indicate unknown spots as they don't seem to appear in my map so far.

0 = - h & L
1 = K j , -
2 = M l 3 3
3 = > U j 2
4 = ? W l -
5 = @ Y n ]
6 = " \ P +
7 = ( $ < A
8 = - * u C
9 = - a w E

There seems to bee spots where letters are mapping to the numbers in order, but clusters of 3 (h j l) (U W Y).

Anyway, like I said, if anybody can point me in the direction, I'm keen to do the leg-work Smile

**notice that "l" is 2 in the second position but 4 in the third position.

Cheers.

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1