Blocking downloads through Internet

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

Author: asim.pervaz PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Blocking downloads through Internet
    ----
Hello,
i am searching for a software or a policy from where i can block the downloads for the specific computers in our Vlan network.
Or even i want to monitor the internet activity?

Kindly give me some suggestions on this.

Author: lsjames PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Blocking downloads through Internet
    ----
asim.pervaz wrote:
Hello,
i am searching for a software or a policy from where i can block the downloads for the specific computers in our Vlan network.
Or even i want to monitor the internet activity?

Kindly give me some suggestions on this.

Maybe you can try active wall. It can show internet usage in your network.
You can block downloads in http filter module.

Author: p.hall PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Install a content filtering proxy and allow Internet access only through it. It will not be bulletproof, but will certainly improve the situation.

Author: jhonas PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
one way is to use firewall-authentication under policy to restric users. You can also use some software to prevent users to download anything from internet like Software Restriction Policies

Author: JaferLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject:
    ----
You need a web gateway that is able to integrate with your user database. So you can block certain users from certain websites and downloads, monitor who went on which website, etc. Or you can invest in a gateway firewall that does similar filtering and can also block certain apps from getting out to the internet as well. This is because they have a list of application signatures. Here is a list of web gateways if anyone looking into one. http://jafsec.com/Web-Security/Secure-Web-Gateway-A-B.html

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1