Does anybody know how a phishing website works?

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

Author: computek7 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Does anybody know how a phishing website works?
    ----
I felt that many people are unware about the phishing websites, and did not know how to identify a secure site. So thought to throw the question to you people. Just a clue, a life of a fake phishing website is just 6 hours, does any body knew how it works, within such a short span?

I wanted all to participate in dicussion regarding phishing, hopefully, I think our experts here in this forum will explain us better. If not, I will post the reply Smile I wish I wont have a job to post the answer,as I know you will give the answer....

Author: ron.vanza PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hi Yuvi

yeah these types of things has become common but end users just dont take an step forward to understand these things here is an very good pictorial article about this

http://ant.sillydog.org/blog/2004/000293.php

and i hope you have something more good to share with us to save ourselves from click-jacking etc. Smile

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anybody know how a phishing website works?
    ----
computek7 wrote:
website is just 6 hours, does any body knew how it works, within such a short span?

I don't have a lot of time to explain right now, but I do have two words: fast-flux. That is the answer to why phishing sites are hard to take down and always changing.

Author: computek7 PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Yeah phishing needs to be stopped
    ----
Hi, thanks for your replies.

There are many types of phishing methods, such as
Deceptive Phishing
Malware Phishing
Spyware and Keyloggers
Online Session Hijackers
DNS Phishing
Faulty Website Phishing
Content Injection Phishing
Man-in-the-Middle attacks

I have explained it in detail in my blog... Just have a look, and let me know your views, if I have missed something. As I thought the explanation about phishing is gonna be big thing, I posted it in my blog, with what is phishing ,and how to report phishing, types of phishing and the reasons why phishing websites are live only for a minimal time here - http://yuvi-internetsecurity.blogspot.com/2008/11/types-of-phishing-methods-how-to-report.html

Author: computek7 PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Stop Phishing
    ----
Is there anything that I have missed. Lets discuss it briefly too....

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1