Post your favorite security attack/hack of 2008

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Post your favorite security attack/hack of 2008
    ----
After finding this great iPhone-in-a-box hack, I would have to say that this indeed is one of the most creative hacks (attacks?) that I have seen in 2008.

What's your favorite and why?

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Interesting con man scam from the 1970's. Very Happy

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Crazy and scary remote eavesdrop on wired keyboards.

(Per link).

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:
    ----
lol you having fun with your own personal thread, Phibs? Laughing

loved the iPhone hack though. well thought out and applied. wander what kind of data he got back.

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
graycat wrote:
lol you having fun with your own personal thread, Phibs? Laughing

loved the iPhone hack though. well thought out and applied. wander what kind of data he got back.

Well, I figure perhaps someone enjoys reading about these attacks (?) and actually reads this thread....perhaps not, it has been quiet around here, wish there was more activity... Rolling Eyes

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I read them! Interesting posts... guess I should reply hehe Wink

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:
    ----
PhiBer wrote:
Well, I figure perhaps someone enjoys reading about these attacks (?) and actually reads this thread....perhaps not, it has been quiet around here, wish there was more activity... Rolling Eyes
I read them, mate! It's actually really good to be to see attacks that other people much more up on this stuff are finding interesting .... so keep at it, mate. Smile

Author: Rezo PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject:
    ----
My favorite security hack of 2008 is definitely going to have to be DSHOCKER's swatting spree. He used telecom software to hide his info, and called in hostage situations to swat teams of random places everywhere. People were being woken up in the middle of the night by a swat team in their bedroom asking where "random child" is. Swatting is just insane.

DShocker Caught: http://www.identitytheftblog.info/identity-theft/dshocker-hacks-america-botnet-malware-spoofing

Swatting On Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

Enjoy!
Rezo

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1