recover deleted pictures

Networking/Security Forums -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

Author: mandrivaLocation: WAKEFIELD PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: recover deleted pictures
    ----
Hi all

I was wondering if any one could suggest a good program to recover deleted pictures, they are personal pictures i accidentally deleted from my PC. Searched google and there are a few but most dont actually work or recover anything.

Cheers

Author: chuck378Location: Indiana PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You can go to Access Data's web page download FTK Imager (It's free) and add the Hard drive as evidence. Go to the location of your photos in the tree structure of the drive and you should see files and/or folders that have a red "X" on them. That means they were deleted. You can then copy and paste them. Hope that helps...

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject:
    ----
What you want to use is PhotoRec in conjunction with TestDisk. Both are free and very powerful. Make sure not to write back / recover to the same location where the pictures are located.

Author: srix PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject:
    ----
Check this article

How to recover pictures that are permanently deleted (shift+ delete) on windows

Whatever data recovery software yo insall, make sure that it is installed in different partition from the one where you are trying to recover.

Networking/Security Forums -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1