Best book for teaching/learning computer forensics/security?

Networking/Security Forums -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

Author: dingarules PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Best book for teaching/learning computer forensics/security?
    ----
So far, I found the following two books appeared to be pretty good for teaching Computer Forensics/Security in college.
1. Computer Forensics: Principles and Practices, by L. Volonio et. el.
2. Digital Evidence and Computer Crime – Forensics Science, Computers and the Internet, 2nd Edition, by Eoghan Casey

Any experience on those two books?

For learning by yourself, I found Windows Forensics by Chad Steel was quite useful (for Windows, not Linux/Unix).
Computer Forensics, 2nd ed. by John Vacca was pretty much waste of money. It may be still good for a top level managers who want to know about Computer Forensics in general.

Any comment?

Author: The_Real_GandalfLocation: Athens,Greece PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
try to find and buy the following

"The Official CHFI Study Guide Exam 312-49" - Syngress

and

Understanding E-Discovery and Digital Forensics – Stephen. O’Malley

to my oppionion is the best way to get into digital forensics , in a simple and accurate way.

Gandalf

Author: dingarules PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject:
    ----
Thanks, but they don't seem to be one of the widely used books. Especially the second one.
For teaching's purpose, I guess "Guide to Computer Forensics and Investigations by Nelson et el" is pretty good.

Author: The_Real_GandalfLocation: Athens,Greece PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ehm...ok...

The first one is the official study guide for CHFI certification and the second one is supposed to be , one of the best books in the area... but, whatever..

Gandalf

Networking/Security Forums -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1