Have a question on what type of encryption this is?

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

Author: dv84 PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Have a question on what type of encryption this is?
    ----
_RRAWS^\WW_]S_TB
^W\EV^\]VSRP\WWE
_VPJV[UZSSSURQVK
_SQCS^YZST_PYPQA
_RRAVS\\VQU\[V\B

I know that the plaintext of this is a 16 digit number. I was wondering what type of hash this is tho. Thank you in advance.

Author: Nagendra U MLocation: Bangalore, India PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Out-of-Band Certificate and Key Identifier Protocol (OCKIP)
    ----
Hi,

Since the hash output length is a fixed 80 bits, I can take a stab at this wildly by guessing that it might have been Out-of-Band Certificate and Key Identifier Protocol, or OCKIP. (Although it would be presumptuous to take it for granted). It can be any user-defined hash algorithm too.

I believe older implementations of SHA-1 also generated 80-bit hash values, although I am not really sure of this.

Regards,
Nagendra U M

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1