Kodicom 4400R pulsing video output problem

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

Author: TSCrv PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Kodicom 4400R pulsing video output problem
    ----
I am a tech working for a company that supplies DVRs to small and medium business's, and untill now we havent had a problem with these kodicom cards, but that was untill we started using the video out port on the cards.

we are using the video out to cycle through all of the active cameras, 4 seconds for each camera, much like you would see in a gas station. the problem is that the video being displayed is pulsing when the picture has any bright reds or bright blues in it, like if there was a parking lot you would see a red truck pulsing, but nothing else. also it is not pulsing on the server or on recorded video.

as we do hundreds of video servers per year, this problem is becomming bigger and bigger, we have tried different mainboards, cameras, tvs/monitors, shielded cables, precision power supplies for both cameras and computer, about everything in the book. with no luck.

One thing i have noticed though, is that if i end the diginet task, the pulsing stops and it is a perfect picture, but it doesnt cycle the cameras anymore (obiously). which leads me to beleave its either a software thing, or a driver issue. these cards are installed using the DVR880 driver, but many of our other servers use the 416 driver, same problems. diginet site version 4.110

are there any work arounds for this? its to the point where some big ticket clients are getting frusterated with sub par performance.

Author: minkata PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Kodicom 4400R pulsing video output problem
    ----
Hi ! TSCrv ,
This is an interesting problem. Is the effect independant to frame/seconds rate and or to the amount of red set to the display?
Minkata

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1