Time problem ?

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: GECS PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Time problem ?
    ----
I have never considered my self been good with time but this can not be right. Look at this thread
http://www.security-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=39887
and look at the thread owner post time and my replay time. Is the time going backwards or am I just stupid.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
pm still comes after am where I am from....??

Author: GECS PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
We don’t use am or pm where I my country but, when I look at the times his post is Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:44 pm and my is Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:02 pm and unless the time goes backwards this is wrong.

Author: mxb PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Seems to display correctly for me when logged in and agrees with what GECS is saying when logged out.

Martin

Author: RFmax PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I agree with GECS even when logged on.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
PostPosted: 4:44 AM 04/19/06 Post subject: How do I remove the "remember my password" option?

Quote:

GECS
PostPosted: 3:02 PM 04/19/06 Post subject:

Confused

Weirdness.. now I see the problem when logged out....

Author: GECS PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:
    ----
Here is a screenshot to prove what I see. And I have try to see if it is any difference if I logout but I still see the same time.

Any one that has any idée how this can happen, the time is a value stored in the database and then tried to be modified to display the time relative to the one that is surfing the forum. But the thing that I don’t understand is how the time variation can vary so much. I mean if we have to browsers one at time zone +2 and some one else at time zone +3 then if we are going to displace our time to them (assuming we are in +0) we add +2 for the first guy/gale and +3 to the next one. But the distance between different times should not be larger.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Thanks for making us aware of the problem. There has been much work behind the scenes to optimize page load times, etc., so it doesn't seem exactly strange that a gremlin or two would have crept in. Smile

I'm sure that someone will take a look at it as soon as it makes it to the top of the punch list.

Author: alt.don PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I have not had the same issue myself. Anyone else?

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
This is not a problem. This is how we around the world tell time.

Take note that Gerry101 posted at 12:44 PM.
GECS responded with a post at 11:02 PM.
Both posts made on the same date, April 19th.

Now let me say that again a bit differantly...

Gerry101 posted at 16 minutes to 1 PM. Note that 12 PM is noon.
GECS responded at 2 minutes past 11 PM at night. A bit more than 11 hours after the original post.

See it now? Smile

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:
    ----
GECS wrote:
We don’t use am or pm where I my country but, when I look at the times his post is Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:44 pm and my is Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:02 pm and unless the time goes backwards this is wrong.

Sorry, but I can't see why this example is inconsistent - his post is at 16 minutes before 13:00, and yours is 58 minutes before midnight on the same day

11:59 am is two minutes before 12:01 pm
12:01 am is the middle of the night (00:01)

Don't know if this helps or is just tangential to the whole thing

<edit> don't know how I missed Tom's post saying the same thing before mine - must have had a time slip in the matrix, I guess.

Last edited by AdamV on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Another simple way of saying it is that the original post was made at 12:44 and the reply was made at 23:02 of the same date.

But I despise military time (24 hour clock) Laughing

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1