A challenge!!!

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

Author: andygibson60 PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: A challenge!!!
    ----
can anyone come up with a system idea to help me out?

My brief is that i have to design a system which deals with trains and refunds for customers when a train is late. This system has to involve a ticket being the proof that the train was late and then the customer can present he ticket in front of that staff and get a refund. The arrival info can be put on the ticket by a machine, but iam not sure when? and what info should be put on the ticket?

basically i have to decide on a system of how this policy could be introduced and then idetify possible weaknesses and also comment on how these weaknesses could be combatted.

any ideas??????

my initial idea is to have a system where you but your systandard ticket as usual, then when the train arrives you stamp your ticket in amachine and it stamps what time it is and thus if the time is 15 minutes after the arrival time then when you reach the other end you can get a 15 minute refund. is this sensible or do you think it coul dbe asily exploited?

ANY OTHER IDEAS OF SYSTEMS WOUL DBE GREAT, also in the brief the system can be distributed e.g can link across networks etc if that helps!!!

Author: Jason PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject:
    ----
do you have to produce some software / script / webpage, or is this paper and pen theory?

J

Author: andygibson60 PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: pen and paper
    ----
its just a pen and paper idea covering the idea, its weaknesses security wise and also the possible remedies for the proposed systems weaknesses

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Unless I'm mistaken isn't there allready a thread about this?

Author: flwLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken isn't there allready a thread about this?

Yes it is a repeat topic, almost word for word.

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Ok this thread is locked and will be removed shortly, please contine discussion in the existing thread.

Andy if you wish to elaborate on your original question please do so in the thread you previously created.

Cheers.

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1