• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Instal Win7 Firewall as a service that was never installed

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videobruce
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Instal Win7 Firewall as a service that was never installed Reply with quote

Windows Firewall was never installed (by design since I have NEVER used it inn20 or so years and had it disabled) and I need to install it w/o re-installing the O/S.

Everything I have read about re-installing doesn't work since I believe those procedures go under the assumption it was originally there in the 1st place;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-firewall-service/d5bf7d36-cca6-4767-9e67-0e2a1bb28042
https://superuser.com/questions/385662/how-to-restore-windows-firewall-after-some-malware-deleted-its-service

Is the "service' available as a download, or does someone have a working solution?

(Please no comments on removing the service in the 1st place. Had I know that prevents file/folder sharing I wouldn't of).

The following didn't work;

"All those commands should be launched in an elevated command prompt.

Step 1: Recreate the service

Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

Step 2: Start the service

sc start mpssvc

Step 3: Reset the firewall configurations

netsh advfirewall reset netsh advfirewall set domainprofile state on netsh advfirewall set privateprofile state on

Step 4: Reboot

Reboot Windows."

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: