• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

IIS 5.1 vulnerabilities?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
night981
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: IIS 5.1 vulnerabilities? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been searching high and low for information on IIS 5.1 exploits and vulerabilites, but haven't gotten much. Obviously I used google, and it did return some pretty handy IIS 5.0 and older version exploits, but it just wasn't what i was looking for Rolling Eyes.

I even checked out security focus, but the only vulerability that had been properly founded was an XSS attack on Japanese versions of windows xp with an optional component installed.

Can IIS 5.1 even be exploited? Confused
Zarnick
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everithyng can be exploited, just have patience.
r3L4x
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that they forgot to fix the unicode hole, wait no i didnt Twisted Evil
Battery Powered
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: IIS 5.1 vulnerabilities? Reply with quote

night981 wrote:
Can IIS 5.1 even be exploited?

This is microsoft were talking about right?? . . .

I dont think there will ever be a time where a microsoft product cant be exploited,
its like asking father christmas to come through the front door instead of the chimney - its just not gonna happen!

B.P : )
night981
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil yeah.... THE UPNP EXPLOIT does seem like a nice way to take down MOST of the computers on my network [80% of which have port 5000 open and up for the takes]

BUT the code i've got my hands on was built in linux and there's no way i can compile it on my version of borland c++.... most of the header files are missing. I even went through the trouble of downloading the glbc library of header files. but it still didn't compile Sad

But i'd seriously like to break into my LAN website. I just don;t know how to go about doing it. I know they're running IIS 5.1 on a P3 1.3GHz system on an unpatch Windows XP professional machine. I've been trying for two weeks now and getting more frustrated by the day. I don't know where to go next.

ANY help will be appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: