• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

DES and RC4 brute force

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m999
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: DES and RC4 brute force Reply with quote

Hi
I want to write parallel version(on CUDA) of brute force for DES and RC4 and compare it to version on classic CPU. I would be very grateful if someone gave me some hints where I can some articles or materials about how to write brute force for these algorithms

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Michael
krugger
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read:
http://home.dei.polimi.it/barenghi/files/ITNG2010.pdf

However you should also consider that you will be seriously increase the amount of energy your computer requires when compared to a dedicated hardware solution.
http://www.duke.edu/~BCL15/documents/azizi2010-isca-opt.pdf

And check Ivan Golubev, he has some killer hash cracking code (9 billion hashed per second)
http://www.golubev.com/blog/
m999
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I think it will be helpful. I don't take power consumption on my consideration
johnleee
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main observation that I wish to address, is that of the design strategy of which the majority of the family (i.e., MD4 family) of conventional hash functions are composed; this family consists of MD4, MD5, HAVAL, RIPEMD, SHA-1, and SHA-2, and the respective output length extensions of those, where applicable.
John Wilson
Link Spammer
Link Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specification of network authentication protocol only supply the Data Encryption Standard (DES) for encryption. For many years, the cryptographic community has regarded DES as providing inadequate security, mostly because of its small key size.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: