• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

In any file???

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrstrong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: In any file??? Reply with quote

I have successfully used Steganography to hide data in images, audio, video; however, each requires a different app/script to get the job done.

I am wanting to have a one-stop resource for hiding data in any file. (I say any file because all files are binary in nature and if I could find something that would give me the ability to hide and then show a stego in any file, that would make my life 100% easier.)

Smile

I am trying to find a php solution because I want to make it happen on the fly.

Does this make sense?

If anyone can point me in a direction other than a pdf that says it's possible, that'd be fantastic!

I'm one of those, 'teach me by letting me see how it's done' kind of people. I can't just see the theory written out and then jump in with both feet. (Can't swim THAT well. lol)

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
wrstrong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to be able to include transaction information inside the file in a format & method that is not readily perceptible to the human. The transaction info that I'm referring to would be something along the line of:

Time/date of transaction
Website where the transaction took place
UserID of the seller
UserID of the buyer
Amount that was charged for the product being sold
Payment type that was used for the transaction
UniqueID of the product being sold

If this type of information is connected to the file, is invisible to the human, and is not easily removed, it would then help you protect the content that you've worked so hard to create from either being just handed out by others or sold by someone else.

If you had a way to track your hard work that's being stolen all the way back to the original thief so that instead of suing a ton of people for a little money each, you had the proof of WHO is the thief and then sue that one for a ton of money. Gotta admit... makes perfect sense.

What ticked me off was a story I heard of Disney bringing suit against a little girl for downloading & watching, 'The Lion King' while she was over at her grandfather's house. Sure, the little girl did indeed download that movie; however, wasn't she just unknowingly receiving stolen property? Didn't the original uploader knowingly and willingly commit a ton of copyright infringement? That's what I believe was (and still is) going on and I want to try and help correct it so that it doesn't go stir-crazy again.

I've thought of cryptography & steganography, file header info, exif info, drm, etc.. and I haven't found anything that will do the trick.

Do you have any suggestions???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: