• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Help Identify this Cipher

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron1337
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Help Identify this Cipher Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I was hoping somebody could help me along with identifying what kind of cipher would produce the following results.

I am familiar with various simple ciphers, cesaer, vignere, 5x5, etc...but this one seems beyond my scope.

I have been able to map the results for most numbers 0-9 and have noticed they always result in the same output, depending on their position in the original sequence, similar to a vigenere. I have only been able to map to the 4th position, so no chance to find a repeat yet.

The results are not in any definable order that I can figure out though.
I'll use a "-" to indicate unknown spots as they don't seem to appear in my map so far.

0 = - h & L
1 = K j , -
2 = M l 3 3
3 = > U j 2
4 = ? W l -
5 = @ Y n ]
6 = " \ P +
7 = ( $ < A
8 = - * u C
9 = - a w E

There seems to bee spots where letters are mapping to the numbers in order, but clusters of 3 (h j l) (U W Y).

Anyway, like I said, if anybody can point me in the direction, I'm keen to do the leg-work Smile

**notice that "l" is 2 in the second position but 4 in the third position.

Cheers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: