• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Breaking into my cuny school account, ip address help?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tikiman
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Breaking into my cuny school account, ip address help? Reply with quote

Hi, recently I just found out someone broke into my college cuny account, and I told my school about it but there is nothing they could do about it. the person whom i have an extremely good idea who it might be, logged in and screwed up all my classes and messed with my bill. I changed the password. i wanted to know if there would be any way at all I can trace the IP address on the cuny server somehow and see the IPs that logged into it this past week. What I'm basically asking, is it at all possible that I can find out who logged in to my university account..
Also, any tips on a good way to get their IP address in general, such as through email, an instant messenger, having them click a link to a page with a tracker on it... this person has been doing things on and off like this for a while, I still keep communication with them, but I still cannot be 100% without some evidence... Shocked Shocked Shocked
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to the DC's you could see what computer they logged on from. It doesn't sound like you are in the IT department though so this will probably not be an option for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: