• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Anonymous Paypal and Banking online

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honest_Joe
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Anonymous Paypal and Banking online Reply with quote

I want to pay for items over the internet but I don't want to use a credit card and I really don't like the idea of giving loads of personal information to random companies. Therefore, I was hoping someone could help me with these questions.

Is it possible to setup a Paypal account with false details?

Also, are there any online banks which you are able to setup without giving lots of personal details ?

P.S Lol, I know I might come across as a privacy freak but most of the information they ask for is simply not needed.
M3DU54
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Anonymous Paypal and Banking online Reply with quote

Honest_Joe wrote:
I want to pay for items over the internet but I don't want to use a credit card and I really don't like the idea of giving loads of personal information to random companies.

Nor do I.

Honest_Joe wrote:
Is it possible to setup a Paypal account with false details?

Yes, it is. However, with new banking legislation it is also quite dangerous. Because of this, and the fact that this information is very likely to be used for crime, it will not be discussed here.

Honest_Joe wrote:
Also, are there any online banks which you are able to setup without giving lots of personal details ?

You could look into offshore accounts in 'relaxed' jurisdictions. Almost all anonymous offshore banking facilities have been stopped in the last few years under international pressure. Of those that continue most are blacklisted and cannot interoperate making them very much useless. You would certainly not be able to use them for creating paypal accounts.

I have an offshore anonymous credit card which operates behind the scenes as a debit card. I obtained this many years before the bank I use stopped issuing such accounts although accounts they already have are still honoured.

Talk to a good offshore financial advisor about asset protection. If you have a stockbroker I've found that they are often the best people to approach. But, if all you want is privacy there are a number of other simpler options that creating false accounts.

But, I repeat, engineering false accounts with banks will not be discussed here.

-Meds
Daisetsu
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're concerned about your privacy and want to buy things on the internet you could just use a prepaid credit card like I do. Just go to your local CVS, or whatever drugstore you have , and ask if they have prepaid creditcards. I know CVS does, and most others do also. While you pay a few extra bucks for it initally, most you can refill for free or cheap once the ballance runs low.
itisit9
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the prepaid credit card idea, I've used them, and gift cards online a lot.

One thing you have to watch out for with those is that some have a fee they take out every quarter or something, I had a fifty dollar gift credit card I recieved once, and I didn't use it for a year and when I went to spend it it was only worth 40 because they'd taken away 2.50 every three months. Some do this regarless of if you're spending it or not.

Just a warning, not all do this so you'd have to shop around.
Potsie
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you then use a drugstore debit card to open a paypal account under a different name?
offradarencrypted
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: nominee Reply with quote

Potsie wrote:
Could you then use a drugstore debit card to open a paypal account under a different name?

You need to have a private contract with a nominee to open a Paypal account under their own name which you then would control and have access to use any way you want and ideally funding it through prepaid gift cards.

You would pay them a fee for being your nominee.

FYI Paypal does not accept money orders or checks for payment into an account.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: