• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Identity Based Encryption Email Systems

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Identity Based Encryption Email Systems Reply with quote

I have been doing some research and I came across something I have never heard of called Identity Based Encryption or IBE. I found two vendors who currently make IBE email systems, Trend and Voltage. Has anyone had any experience of these products?

What I am specifically after is once the encrypted email is presented to the user how do they practically going about access the unencrypted data. I know they have to contact the KPG to obtain their private key but how do they get the encrypted text to display unencrypted text? Is there any Outlook plugin or something?

Matt_s
heba
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IBE is a certificate to identify a person.
So, this certificate is used in administration management to convalidate contract or to give at the bank banking operation with an easy e-mail or an electronic document.

Ex. : I am a business administrator and I receive an e-mail with an estimate, I answer with certificate e-mail that estimate for me it's ok and I order 100 quantity of every kind of product.

For the law my e-mail has the same value of a real contract and a real order.

My e-mail has a law value if I don't use a certificate e-mail?

depend, depend of the state, or continent, depend what I do with the e-mail (if I order something for my society in Italy and in Europe, generally, has not a law value, if I write public or write e-mail ever).

This is a interesting paper of the criptographic key, if you want know better

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/09/17/public-key-cryptography/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: