• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

PCI 1.2 and key management

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbd32
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: PCI 1.2 and key management Reply with quote

Hello,

This is my first post here so hopefully I am hitting the right audience. I am tasked with architecting an environment that is PCI 1.2 compliant from a systems and network perspective. We will be in the level 1 service provider category. That being said, I am mostly concerned (and confused) on how to tackle section 3.6. I am not a programmer but understand most concepts pretty well. That being said, can anyone lend me an understand of how a webserver is supposed to access encrypted PAN data in a database if the webserver is not to hardcode or store they key to decrypt the data? I have heard of hardware encryption devices but is that pretty much it. I know nothing more than they exist and may solve this problem. Can anyone lend me some ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: