• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Tracking hackers

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nirazeminem
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Tracking hackers Reply with quote

I am a user of hi5 friends portal. Recently my account was hacked and, was sent out abbusive videos for my friends from my account. I would like any of your opinion which might be helpful for tracing the hacker..
BluePass
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do anything about it, unless the hack was done from or using your machine, i.e. using a keylogger, spyware, etc.
The_Real_Gandalf
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way is to contact the people in hi5 portal and give them a small brief of what happened. It is their dutty to correct things on your account (e.g. reset password) but you will also have to chekc your box for signs of illegal access (e.g. rootkit, spyware, trojan, etc. ).

You are not entittled however to respond to this hack , with another hack to restore previous settings on the portal.

Gandalf

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: